Physics in Adelaide - the 1950s, a decade of change
Left to Right: Bob Crompton, George Fuller, David Sutton, Clare Sykes (background), Graham Elford, Gordon Aitchison
Alastair Blake is a former physics academic and Dean of Science at the University of Adelaide with a passionate interest in the history of our discipline at the University.
He undertook a series of oral history interviews in 2011 and 2012 concentrating on the period following the retirement of Professor Kerr Grant in 1948.
Transcripts of these fascinating interviews are available below. One result of Alastair's work is this fact-filled and very readable document titled "Physics in Adelaide - the 1950s, a decade of change".
- Subjects of the interviews with Alastair Blake for his research into the 1950s and 1960s
We are very grateful to the following people for generously giving their time to help with our history project.
- Iraj Afnan
- Harry Blevin (transcript coming soon)
- Max Brennan (transcript coming soon)
- Mary Carver(transcript)
- Bob Crompton (transcript)
- Don Creighton
- Graham Elford (transcript coming soon)
- Malcom Elford (transcript)
- John Gascoigne (transcript)
- Alan Gregory
- Don Griffin (transcript)
- Angas Hurst (transcript)
- Barbara Kidman (transcript)
- Barbara Possingham (transcript)
- Don McCoy (transcript coming soon)
- Harry Medlin (transcript)
- Perry Miles (transcript)
- Bob Nation
- Ted Radoslovich (transcript coming soon)
- Robyn Storer
- Peter Teubner