Summer Research Scholarships
Summer Research Scholarships in Chemistry, Earth Sciences (Geology) and Physics.
Students interested in doing Honours or further research studies after their undergraduate degree are encouraged to apply for the Adelaide Summer Research Scholarships (ASRS).
The Adelaide Summer Research Scholarships are offered over the summer vacation and each scholarship provides a living allowance of $200 per week for a period of up to 6 weeks.
Scholarships are awarded with regard to academic merit and may be limited due to the availability of supervisors and a suitable research project within the School.
If you are studying in the areas of Chemistry, Earth Sciences (Geology) or Physics and are interested in doing a summer research project in one of these fields you must apply through the School of Physical Sciences as all applications need to be signed off by the Head of the School.
The School of Physical Sciences and the research groups and institutes in the School may fund a number of additional scholarships for high achieving students who just missed out on an ASRS scholarship.
To apply please follow these steps
- Download a copy of the Adelaide Summer Research application form and scholarship rules from the University Scholarships page;
- Look through the School of Physical Sciences research website to find the areas of research our academics and researchers are actively involved in;
- Think about the areas of study you found interesting and would like to explore further;
- Discuss research project options with one of the academics in the area of your interest as you must get approval from the academic supervising the project. As not all academics will have a research project available during this period you may need to consider more than one option;
- When you meet with an academic you will need to take a copy of the Adelaide Summer Scholarship application form and complete it with the academic supervising the project.
Application Process and Important Dates
- All applications must be completed and signed by the academic supervising the project.
- Completed and signed forms must be submitted in person to the School of Physical Sciences front office Ground Floor, Physics Building no later than Wednesday 5 October, 2016 at 5pm.
- Final signed application forms will be delivered by the School Office Staff to the Student Information Centre, Hub Central by the closing date. You will receive an electronic copy of your application by email.
All Summer Scholarship students will be invited to attend a School Welcome Session and this will include a compulsory School Induction and HS&W Session after the exam period. You must attend this session before you commence your summer research scholarship project.
Contact the School of Physical Sciences on 8313 5996 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You are also welcome to drop in to the School Office during opening hours 9:00 am to 3:15pm and 4:00 to 5:00pm.